LI???

When I boot my machine, I get LI and a blinking cursor, and it locks up.
The machine boots fine from floppy, though.  My system is set up with
/dev/hdb1 as the / slice, booting from there.  It gave me a warning when I
did that, but I just ignored it, thinking it was nothing.  Does it HAVE to
boot from the first physical disk?  My old version of slackware didn't...

Just curious... I also just noticed there is "1.2 fixed" at the Debian site,
so I am about to re-install with those images...

Regards,

Kendrick