Re: TCSH - escape character

Hi Fundamental, You wrote:
 Fundamental>
 Fundamental> Does anyone know of the top of their head what the
 Fundamental> escape character is for a tcsh script?
 Fundamental>
 Fundamental> for instance, i have a line which has something like...
 Fundamental>
 Fundamental> printf "bla bla "bla" bla" >> test.file
 Fundamental>
 Fundamental> but it gives me the error unmatche ". I tried changing
 Fundamental> it to ...
 Fundamental>
 Fundamental> printf "bla bla \"bla\" bla" >> test.file
 Fundamental>
 Fundamental> but still received the same error .. thanks:)

Try:

# printf 'bla bla "bla" bla'

Cheers
borik