Meta-question: debian-user list Reply-To field

I've noticed that the Reply-To field on messages I receive from this
debian-user list contains the text of my e-mail address.  Is this for
some spam filter?

My main question is this:  Can I mail to debian-user@lists.debian.org
or do I have to mail to the address I see in the Reply-To field?

(My Emacs rmail seems to be ignoring the Reply-To field.  Am I missing
some standard setup information?)

Thanks,
Daniel
--
Daniel S. Barclay      Compass Design Automation, Inc.
daniel@compass-da.com  Suite 100, 5457 Twin Knolls Rd.  Columbia, MD 21045 USA