Re: I need help.

On Wed, Dec 31, 1997 at 09:16:54AM -0700, Bob Nielsen wrote:

[snip]

> > By the same,
> > Does someone know where can i get a 'Windows or Dos to Linux' Manual, it
> > can be very helpfull.
>
> I agree that it would be useful for the beginner, but haven't seen one.

Try the Linux Documentation Project

	http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/linux.html#ldp

I was just there today looking at the HOWTO and mini-HOWTO document
index and noticed a title about moving from DOS to Linux.  I haven't
looked at it myself, but I imagine it will deal with mostly command
equivalences and non-equivalences.  I don't know if it talks of the
differences between MS windoze and X Windows.  There is a French
version also, if that interests you.  Here is the URL that I
got in Netscape.

http://http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/docs/HOWTO/translations/fr/DOStoLinux-
HOWTO.gz

That is all one line without spaces just in case it doesn't make it intact.
If you want to explore the French language documentation, I got there from
the first URL above.  You'll find a <<Linux HOWTO's>> subheading under
the Linux Documentation Project one.  Click on <<plain text>>.  Scroll
down to the very bottom of the plain text list.  There you'll find a
<<Translations>> link which will take you to the French language docs.

Hope this helps.

Gerald Crimp