Re: PLEASE, postmaster@debian.org, are you there?

Martin Schulze <joey@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

>>  Thanks for the answer.  Now, that the not-too-little ISP T-Online

 Now I can be a bit more precise: today there are about > 1.8 million
users at T-Online, it is the greatest ISP in Europe.

>> is marked in the badmailfrom list, there come 2 questions.
>>
>>     1. What exactly did cause T-Online to find itself on
>>        badmailfrom list?  No just guesses please.
>>
>>        The T-Online Team told me, they would have had a few
>>        problems with admins, who applied a faulty patch to
>>        sendmail which wrongly assumed, their canonical email
>>        address (envelope-sender!)  would be inadmissible.  In
>>        the moment they can't test it for debian.novare.net is
>>        not accessible (?).
>>         If this is the case, please remove/modify that patch.
>
>No, we use qmail on master and there is a badmailfrom file.  It's
>a real file containing hostnames.

 Oh, so the easiest solution isnt one.  Then the 2nd Q comes into the
play:

: 	  2. Under which conditions may T-Online recover from there?

 I hope but doubt somehow, this will be solved by this year?

 Andreas.

--
Dr. Andreas Wehler  Tel./Fax.:  (+49)  202  75 36 64
Luebecker Str. 16   email:      Dr.A.Wehler@t-online.de