Re: PLEASE, postmaster@debian.org, are you there?

Martin Schulze <joey@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

>> :Yes, t-online.de is listed in the badmailfrom list.  It has been added
>> :due to spam I think.
>
>>  Thank you for the answer.  The color of my face has become bleached a
>> bit.  Nevertheless I hope this is more a joke than the last answer, or
>> is it in the spirit of debian to cut all folks from any debian
>> conncetion for historical reasons?  I know that T-Online keeps an eye
>
>No, but as spam has come up the debian lists aren't excluded .  As we
>couldn't tell the spammers not to use the debian lists we needed a different
>mechanism.  I don't know exactly how the list has been generated but
>I think it comes from spamdb and it's resources.  You might want to
>check that out.

 Thanks for the answer.  Now, that the not-too-little ISP T-Online
is marked in the badmailfrom list, there come 2 questions.

    1. What exactly did cause T-Online to find itself on
       badmailfrom list?  No just guesses please.

       The T-Online Team told me, they would have had a few
       problems with admins, who applied a faulty patch to
       sendmail which wrongly assumed, their canonical email
       address (envelope-sender!)  would be inadmissible.  In
       the moment they can't test it for debian.novare.net is
       not accessible (?).
        If this is the case, please remove/modify that patch.

    2. Under which conditions may T-Online recover from there?

 Thank you,
     Andreas.

--
Dr. Andreas Wehler;  wehler2@welfa4.elektro.uni-wuppertal.de
Luebecker Str. 16, 42109 Wuppertal; Tel./Fax.: (0202) 753664