Re: HELP: dpkg

"Albert Hurd" <ahurd@sprint.ca> writes:

> I tried dpkg -i (and cp) on xisp_2_1-1(1).deb and got the following
> message:
>
>            syntax error near unexpected token `xisp_2_1-1(1'
>
> What gives and how can I install the package. Any help very welcome for
> this newbie.

I believe this is because the shell wants to interpret an expression
in parenthesis.

You have downloaded this file which windows, right?

1. get a new and bugfree version of xisp from ftp://134.95.210.54/pub
2. install it with dpkg -i . If you have problems with the filename,
try dpkg -i xisp*.deb

Ciao,
	Martin