misc X problems

I have just gotten the SVGA X server working on my machine, and I have a
couple of problems with it.

One is that the "desktop" is much bigger than the screen area, and the
screen moves around when the mnouse approaches the edges. Does this have
to do with switching around hte resolutions in the XF86Config file?

The other is that the screen only draws every other column. Thus all the
text in the terminal windows is pretty much illegible, plus no colors look
good only being drawn halfway. This I have no idea about, but it seems
like it could possibly be related to the above problem. Do any of you have
ideas? Thanks.

Aaron Brick.