Changing space reserved

Hi,

My Debian system has only a 100Mb Hard Drive, I stuck a resonable system
onto it, managed to recompile my kernel (although I've now deleted most of
the source) and have now set it up as much as I want to for now.
I use my system to recieve mail using fetchmail.

What I want to know is, can I reduce the amount that is reserved. ie, df
reports:

Filesystem         1024-blocks  Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/hda1              91230   80945     5574     94%   /

It says I have 5Mb free, but 91Mb-80Mb = 11Mb! Can I change it so it
reserves say, 2Mb instead?

Is it safe to do this?
What could go wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Tim.

Customer: "I'm using Windows 95"          Tech Support: "Yes..."
Customer: "My computer isn't working now" Tech Support: "Yes, you said that"