SLRN problem

I'm running a bo system and have just installed slrn (and slrnpull).

No problems with the install, or setting up slrnpull to query the NNTP
server at my ISP. I can see in the log that articles are being pulled
down, and I can see them spread about under /var/spool/slrnpull/news.

I've RTFMed README, README.Debian, QUICK_INSTALL, and INSTALL, edited
.slrnrc appropriately (I believe), BUT . . .

When I invoke 'slrn --spool' I have no newsgroups listed. I'm sure it's
something simple but I'm missing it.

Help, please. Thanks.

Cheers,
 Pann