Re: hang on bootup

On Sun, Dec 28, 1997 at 10:26:13AM -0500, bhmit1@mail.wm.edu wrote:
> On my system, this line results in a 10 second freeze up, and then
> 	Failed initialization of WD-7000 SCSI card!

Thanks for the info. I don't have a SCSI card in my computer, so I'm not
too surprised it isn't working.

> It then continues to boot normally.  Perhaps you didn't wait long enough.

I waited half an hour... :)

> Or, maybe you have a device that doesn't want to be probed (I solve this
> by opening the case, unplugging all the cards except for the video card,
> and then putting them back one by one until I run into the same problem).

Tried that earlier this morning, with no success. But at least now I
know. Someone has offered to compile a kernel for me that has no SCSI
drivers, and hopefully that will take care of the problem.

jason

--
 "The man who marries a modern woman marries a woman who expects to vote
like a man, smoke like a man, have her hair cut like a man, and go without