Printing problem solved

I can print now.

I am not completely sure what I did to fix the problem -- I reran
magicfilterconfig, I reinstalled gs, and I changed the printer defined
by magicfilter from DeskJet 500C to plain DeskJet 500.

I still maintain that the docs for *nix printing are among the worst
I've ever seen . . . and I have learned IBM's JCL from the original
IBM manuals.

(I saw no replies, did my original request for help make it to the
list?)
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum