Re: bo to hamm upgrade

On Sat, 27 Dec 1997, Randy Edwards wrote:

> reinstall.  I did go ahead and remove libc5 and was surprised at how
> many things it broke.  It broke things "real good."  :-)  Since I did
Yup. :)

> have a spare partition on this machine I went ahead and used an old copy
> of Debian 1.2 and installed the 6-disk base system on it, then booted
I have my original copy of the Debian 1.2 "rescue" disk (the one I used
long ago to boot debian and install the first time),  and it's bailed me
out more times than I can count ... it is possible to
do most of these system repairs using just that disk,  because you can
boot and mount your filesystems with it,  then do repairs as long as you
can use "ae" instead of emacs. I recommend keeping a couple copies of this
disk around.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|The problem with computers:                                             |
|                      rivendell[501] [~]> love me                       |
|                      bash: love: command not found                     |
|                      rivendell[502] [~]> hug me                        |
|                      bash: hug: command not found                      |