Re: Oh yeah!

I suppose that all depends.  There are some cards that the kernel drivers do
not support that the commercial version does and it really boils down to how
much you value your time.  If the OSS drivers save you an hour or two, it is
probably money well spent. For the $20 you get upgrades as future versions are
become available and if you need to change sound cards, rerunning the OSS
setup makes the switch a snap.

I for one am happy to support the vendor of a quality Linux product. If the
driver was junk, I would say so. Fact is, it is pretty good.