Re: debian 1.3.1 apache

At 11:27 27/12/97 +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 26, 1997 at 10:47:57AM +0000, Berni Ernst wrote:
>> I have an debian box with version 1.3.1 where I want to run
>> apache as a http server. Works! But I am unable to run any
>> cgi scripts or SSI in my html documents. I commented out
>> the described parts in srm.conf.
>
>> What else can I do or where should I have a special
>> look for ?
>
>access.conf may need examination too.
>
>How do you mean you are unable to run them? What error message
>do you get, both in the browser and in the server logs?
>
>What do you mean you commented out the described parts of srm.conf?
>
>Hamish

This may be a bit obvious, but I found, when I was trying to get SSI to
work, that just editing the conf files was not good enough:  I had to run
'apacheconfig' afterwards.  Once you have done that, view
/etc/apache/httpd.conf and check that the line for mod_includes has been
uncommented. Occasionally, it needed a reboot to get the changes to 'take'.

I would recomend reading up the docs on SSI at
http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_include.html. - I did what it told me,
and it all worked fine/.

CGI I didn't have any problem with, as long as I put them in
/usr/lib/cgi-bin  (default aliased to http:/cgi-bin/) I believe there are
settings to change if you want them anywhere else, but I havn't
investigated those.

Rob.
http://www.irrelevant.com/