Re: UPS

I concur that Best Power's products; eg, the Fortress that I also use, have a
well deserved reputation.  While the inexpensive Fortress models may not still
have all the push buttons they did a year ago; when the lights got bright
here, the firemen came to put out an electrical fire next door, no one had a
clue.  The firemen just saw another fire, my neighboring computer users just
saw entertainment, but my Best UPS was beeping madly, and after 70 minutes I
didn't even wait for the Best software to send my computer a shutdown command.
 My best computer showed an incoming voltage of 141 volts, though it showed an
outgoing voltage of 118 volts.  With dozens of people standing around, only
this owner of a best power supply knew that the electrical fire originated
from a voltage jump.

The Best Power company also got a very good plug in the most referred to unix
administrator's book,  Unix Administrator's Guide (?) by Nemi (?), et al.

--
Jim Burt, NJ9L,		Fairfax, Virginia, USA
jameson@mnsinc.com	http://www.mnsinc.com/jameson

"If merely 'feeling good' could decide, drunkenness would be the supremely
valid human experience."      --William James, Varieties of Religious
Experience