Help-ethernet card

        I am looking for help in getting a SMC 8416 ethernet card in a Dell
     433/l machine.  I have tried to use the SMC ultra and SMC 9000 modules
     to get it to work on install.  I need the network card to work since
     this machine does not have a CD-ROM in it and I need to get the
     distribution from the network.  How do I get it to recognize the card?

     Please respond to me directly at bschramm@email.usps.gov and
     bschramm@bigfoot.com since I do not belong to the mail list yet at
     work.

     Thanks