Re: mounting linux drive on dos/win95

On 22 Dec,  Raymond A. Ingles wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, Shaleh wrote:
>
>> Not easily.  Windows does not understand the ext2 format.
>
>  I have absolutely no idea where to find it or what it is called (I never
> had need or desire to do so), but apparently there *is* a program that
> allows you to read ext2 filesystems under Windows. I have seen several
> mentions of it on mailing lists.

The Linux Applications and Utilities Page,
http://www.xnet.com/~blatura/linapps.shtml
is always a good place to start.

Look under File Systems/Tools and you'll find a link to FSDEXT2 which
allows you to mount ext2 partitions read-only as a drive letter under W95.
The actual link is http://www.globalxs.nl/home/p/pvs/

/Michael
--
|                Linux: Turn on...Tune in...Fork out...                 |
|    Michael Tempsch, member of Ballistic Wizards, TIP#088, POG#130     |