Unidentified subject!

Hello,
I have a little problem with the installation of Debian Linux.
When I start dselect and go to the Access section, I can chose cdrom. My
drive spinns up and the dialog beginns. But now I could not chose the right
Directory. Evrytime I do so, dselect says Dir don´t exists. I have checked
under win95 and the dir´s are there
on my cd it must be Debian/Local .
when I check the cdrom Path (ls /cdrom) in a second shell, nothing was in
it. Is this ok ?
If not, how can I mount a CD and where do I find it ?

Please help   :-)

thanks