Linux w/AWE 64 and Cyrix 6x86 CPU

I'm planning on setting up a Soundblaster AWE 64 under Linux.  I also
plan on using this in a Cyrix system and have heard that the AWE 64 and
Cyrix CPUs don't get along well.  What I was wondering is if anyone has
any words of advice before I start playing with this combination?
Thanks in advance.

--
 Regards,                 | Debian GNU/ __      o