Re: Setting up suck for inn

Mark W. Blunier wrote:

> started with.  Now I want to add some public groups
> and fill the news spool and send out messages using
> suck.  I would like to do this in my ip-up script,
> but I haven't figured out how this is done.

   There's a couple of things you'll need to do.  You'll have to add the
lists to inn with ctlinnd.  Then you'll have to add your new newsgroups
into sucknewsrc.  Finally, try adding something like the following to
your /etc/ppp/ip-up:

# Fetch any news.
/usr/sbin/get-news

   The get-news script will handle both downloading new news and posting
any news.  Hope it helps.

--
 Regards,                 | Debian GNU/ __      o