Setting up suck for inn

I've installed suck and inn on my home system.  Inn
seems to work, at least on the local.test groups it
started with.  Now I want to add some public groups
and fill the news spool and send out messages using
suck.  I would like to do this in my ip-up script,
but I haven't figured out how this is done.  I'd
appreciated some pointers to a howto, or how others
have done this.

Thanks
Mark
blunier@concentric.net