Re: XCircuit available as debian package?

On Sat, 20 Dec 1997, Wojtek Zabolotny wrote:

> 	Hi All!
>
> I'm just wondering if someone is "debianizing"  the XCircuit program
> (http://bach.ece.jhu.edu/~tim/programs/xcircuit).
> It is a very nice schematic editor for X.
> Is it difficult to convert such a program into a debian package?

I just looked at this, to see how hard it would be to package. The first
thing that I noticed is that there are no copyright notices, or license
agreements provided with the source code. This makes the package
impossible to distribute. Is the author willing to GPL it?
I don't have the time right now to look into this, as I will be away from
net access for about a week, but I can look into this further if you are
interested. Other than that it doesn't look too hard to package.

Waiting is,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "The Debian User's Guide"    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-