Re: Changing the domain

Peter Prohaska writes:

 > I have no /etc/domain file on my system...
 > could you please search for the package which installed the file?
 > Or did you create it by hand?

 There is a file /etc/resolv.conf, and it has a "domain" and "search"
part, it should contain your domain name, i.e. the tld to which your
hostname belongs.  Then there is a /etc/hosts file, in it you put your
hostname, along with the name "localhost" and your FQDN (Fully
Qualified Domain Name)...

 For what do you need to set your domain name, beyond just for
convenience?