upgrading to libc6 --> xlib6g

I have begun upgrading my system to libc6 and am now wanting to upgrade
xlib6 to xlib6g. Neuther dpkg nor dselect will let me do this. I forced
the install without success - it installed but did not configure
properly. After fixing that I thought a bit of advice might help :-)

Any suggestions?

BTW, the reason I am upgrading xlib6 is so I can install tcl/tk 8.0 as
well as a few apps that depend on them...

Thanks!

Tim