Emacs & RCS under 1.3.1r6

I did a quick search in the bugs and couldn't find anything about this
problem. If I try to generate a ChangeLog file via C-x v a works fine
on the initial run. After a changelog exists, I get this at the top of
the changelog buffer;

rlog: unknown date/time: 19/12/1997 23:41:45
rlog aborted

I tried it on 2 machines, one that was upgraded from 1.2 and one that
was installed from scratch with 1.3.1r6. The rlog command works fine
when ran from the command line. Also, as far as I know this isn't an
Emacs 19.34 bug. Any hints?

TIA,
Glenn
--
Glenn Amerine                           Inet: glenn@pie.mhsc.org
Computer Systems Analyst		Voice: (614)224-1336