sendmail installation

Hi,

  I've just install the debian 1.3.1.r6 on a new harddrive and
  the sendmail gave me some error:  (PLEASE HELP)

--8<------------------------------------------------------------------------
# dpkg -i /pub/debian/bo/binary-i386/mail/sendmail_8.8.5-1.deb
Selecting previously deselected package sendmail.
(Reading database ... 11862 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking sendmail (from .../mail/sendmail_8.8.5-1.deb) ...
Setting up sendmail (8.8.5-1) ...

Sendmail Configuration
----------------------
By answering the following questions, you can configure sendmail for your
system. Default values are determined either by your existing configuration
or from common usage.

Press [ENTER]

Mail Name
---------
Your `mail name' is the hostname portion of the address to be shown on
outgoing news and mail messages (following the username and @ sign). This
name will be used by other programs besides sendmail; it should be the single,
canonical name from which mail will appear to originate.

hostname: Host name lookup failure
dpkg: error processing sendmail (--install):
 sendmail