Ghostscript 5 for 1.3.1 working?

I installed gs 5 a while ago, but I havn't been able to make it work with
my Epson Stylus Color 600.  When I install the package, it says that it
can't be configured (for reason which I forget at the moment).  It seems
to try to work though, but I can't figure out how to make the new unified
printer driver thingy work for me.  Anyone gotten this new system working?

__
I like six eggs when starting on a journey.  Fried - not poached.  And
mind you don't break 'em.  I won't eat a broken egg.
                                              -- Thorin Oakenshield