LCD display vs. refresh frequency

As I am currently meeting difficulties in configuring X11 for a laptop
LCD DSTN screen (Olivetti P150D), I called the firm to get information
about the refresh frequencies of the screen. They told me LCD screen do
not have a refresh cycle. Does anyone know about these technologies ?
(DSTN means Double Scan T... N...: doesn't it imply a scanning frequency
?)

How is it possible to proceed to configure the right parameters for such
an LCD screen for X11 ?

Alain TOURET