NIS netrgoup and hamm

Greetings!  I've upgraded one debian machine to unstable for
development purposes.  The other machines on our network, including
the NIS server, are running 'stable' or 'bo'.  Briefly, I can login to
the unstable system with passwords passed over NIS, but I can't get
the system netgroup, which is entered in /etc/hosts.equiv, to allow
passwordless rsh logins.

Here is my /etc/nsswitch.conf:
# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
#

passwd:         compat
group:          compat
shadow:         compat

hosts:          files dns
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

netgroup:       nis db files

and /etc/hosts.equiv:
+@hequiv
+@hequiv root
and `ypmatch -k hequiv netgroup` on the unstable system:
hequiv (intech1.enhanced.com,-,enhanced.com) 	(intech2.enhanced.com,-,enhanced.com) 	(intech3.enhanced.com,-,enhanced.com) 	(intech4.enhanced.com,-,enhanced.com) 	(intech5.enhanced.com,-,enhanced.com) 	(intech7.enhanced.com,-,enhanced.com) 	(intech8.enhanced.com,-,enhanced.com) 	(intech9.enhanced.com,-,enhanced.com)         (fla.fla.enhanced.com,-,enhanced.com) 	(trading.fla.enhanced.com,-,enhanced.com) 	(qintech.fla.enhanced.com,-,enhanced.com)

rsh from, say, intech5 prompts me for a password.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--
cmaguire@enhanced.com				      Camm Maguire