radio link

hello all,

I am setting up new a local isp for dial-up access in Indonesia, and
considering radio link to my upstream provider which is about 0.5 mile
away from my place, will debian linux capable doing radio connection?

My questions are:

1. what is the maximum bandwith available with radio link?
2. At what frequency should I tune to obtain the optimum perfomance?
   considering noises and loses.
3  what software/hardware to convert the analog signal?
4. where should I seek to obtain more info about these?

thanks
kusuma