Re: ksmbfs

[I am Cc'ing Bill Hawes just in case he is interested]

At 05:26 PM 12/16/97 +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

>Thanks for your reply Eloy.

No problem. I like to know and keep up with any problems with the packages
I maintain.

>Who is changing the kernel driver and not keeping the userland utilities
>up to date? Unfortunately this happens all too often with Linux.

I think it is Bill Hawes. I know he has been dealing with the userland
utilities but development is so fast that is hard to keep them up to date.

>Eloy, was your libc6 upgrade also a new upstream release?

Yup, I upgraded from smbfs-2.0.1 to smbfs-2.0.2, the latest smbfs package
from Volcker Lendecke. However, 2.0.2 will only work with kernels 2.0.x. I
don't know who and when will upgrade the upstream smbfs package to work
with 2.1.x kernels.

I've heard that patches exist for both smbmount and smbclient (from the
Samba package). I really don't know why the patches are needed for smbclient.

Regards,

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department

"Where does this path lead?" said Alice
"Depends on where you want to go."  Said the cat
("Alice in Wonderland", by Lewis Carroll.)