Re: A question regarding hardware

George:
> But I do not think THIS promise card is supported.  I have not seen any
> DMA33 support in Linux yet.

The PCI driver recognizes the Promise Ultra DMA 33 controller in kernel
2.1.67 . It's not at all clear to me that the Promise driver does anything
with this information. It may be recognized as a second IDE controller and
then it may operate in non-DMA mode. You may need to run the development
kernel. It's worth experimenting.

Ultra DMA 33 motherboards currently run in non-DMA mode.
I don't understand why there's no Ultra DMA 33 support yet. Do all the
developers run SCSI?

	Bruce