Stupid mirror question.

Sorry for asking stupid questions on the list but I was unable/too lazy
to figure this out:

I mirror debian site at school (lets call it site A). I also mirror it at
home(site B).
Sometimes I point my home mirror to school site(A), sometimes to official
mirrors(O). Very often then the mirror at home triesto re-get the current
files because the timestamps are somehow screwed. All mirrors I run with
"get_newer=true". So why the timestamps on site A and site(s) O do not
agree even though site A is a mirror of site O.

   =
  ===
 =====				mailto:stalex@physlab.sci.ccny.cuny.edu
   |______ Alexander Stavitsky	http://physlab.sci.ccny.cuny.edu/~stalex