Re: REDHAT 4.1 && SONY CDU-33A

Zula wrote:

> I'm using the Debian linux and have that same problem with the sony
> cdu31a  x2 speed. I'm at the installing OS and device drivers, It
> can'r pick prorietary  cdrom. I  made the device drivers {rawrite2 -f
> drv1440.bin -d a:). Is there something i miss? I tried the
> cdu31a=0x320,0 lbut still no luck.. any help will be appreciated.

Well first off, you will need to know what I/O base address your CDROM
is set.  Usually this can be found by looking at the driver line in
MSDOS (if you still have it), or by looking at the proprietary adapter
card itself.  Usually this number increases evenly, so your particular
CDROM might could be anywhere from 0x320-0x360.  You may wish to try
number in between until you find one that works.

The ",0" on the line indicates that you wish to use "Polled I/O" mode
with the CDROM instead of "Direct DMA" access. To tell the driver to use
DMA, use ",1" instead.

A question.  Does your CDU drive hook into a proprietary controller
card?  If not what is it attached to?