Re: is there a Debian specific published manual

Hi:

Inquiry was made regarding published (I assumed commercial)
books/ manuals on Debian. A reply from Fuzzy <fuzzy@ns.asarian.org>,
indicated some of the debian website things, whiich are indispensible.

Beyond the HOWTOs, files in /usr/doc/...  Dale Scheetz has written a
book specifc to Debian. It primarily treats installation. I wish I had
had it when I began installing Debian.

I have not connection to Dale, nor Linux Press other than I bought the
book and think it is worth the purchase price.

The Debian Linux User's Guide   by Dale Scheetz
with Official Debian Linux binary and source CDs
+ a third CD with useful other goodies

Price: $37.95 + shipping

It comes with 30 days telephone support. I was told that Dale does the
support. He has been a developer and his email help to me has been
invaluable.

Email support by whoever might reply from the list remains free.

It is published by

	Linux Press,
	POB 220
	Penngrove CA 94951,
	Voice: (707)773 4916
	FAX:  (707)765 1431
	http://www.linuxpress.com

The webpage has a copy of the text in html format that may be
downloaded, under very mild restrictions that protect the print
copyright.

--David

       LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [3456]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | As me how user interface copyrights & software
teague@wcu.edu | patents make programing a dangerous business.

spy counter-intelligence wild porno sex gold bullion Soviet Bosnia
ammonium nitrate fuel oil cocaine assassinate counterfeit destabilize