some dselect questions

Hey all--

Got several dselect questions that have been bugging me lately.

One thing I don't like about dselect is with the searching -- is there a way
to search through the text descriptions as well as the package names? Also,
I'm not crazy about "\" as the repeat search key -- is there a reason why
an empty / search couldn't repeat the last search?

Is it possible to view unstable packages with dselect? The Packages file
never seems to be available.

This leads to a question I have about libraries. My intent was to install
Wine, and after not finding it in dselect's selection menu after updating my
package lists, I thought there didn't exist a Debian package for it. I
thought this was kinda odd, so after searching debian.org found it in
unstable. Among the dependencies listed was xlib6g and a few other
"unstable" packages that didn't appear in dselect. The idea of replacing the
libraries on my main box with unstable libc6, xlib6g and xpm4g scared me,
and so I decided not to install it. Would this have broken my system?
Furthermore, are these libs at all close to being moved over to stable?

Finally, what's the status of diety?

thanks

Michael Stutz  .  http://dsl.org/m/  .  copyright disclaimer etc
stutz@dsl.org  :  finger for pgp     :  http://dsl.org/copyleft/