Re: Need help in X Windows installation

Bryan Barcelo wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Sorry to bother you again, but I found the file you said and checked it out
> and it seemed okay. I also made changes to the .xinitrc file in my
> subdirectory. It worked for fvwm2 but when I replaced fvwm2 with olvwm,
> xwindows loads up to the light blue background and then shuts down totally
> with the last 2 messages reading:
>
> PEX extension module not loaded
> XIE extension module not loaded

These messages do not indicate a fatal error, only that you haven't
installed these X extensions. If you're using your own .xinitrc,
are you sure that the last command uses 'exec' rather than just
running a program? This would cause the X server to immediately exit.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com