Re: Several Q's

Matthew Majka wrote:

  >This first is that when I run 'xconsole', it returns "cannot open
  >/dev/console".

In your .xsession (or .xinitrc), or in the global file /etc/X11/Xsession put:

   xconsole -file /dev/xconsole -exitOnFail &

  >Also, can anyone recommend a decent three-button mouse (serial or
  >ps/2).  The middle button on my current mouse doesn't work.

The problem is probably with your configuration rather than with the
mouse.  What have you got in the Pointer section of /etc/X11/XF86Config?

Unsolicited email advertisements are not welcome; any person sending
such will be invoiced for telephone time used in downloading together
with a £25 administration charge.