Re: questions: Non-internet connected IP Address default ???

Have not done this myself so...

First, IPX and IP can co-exist and Linux "speaks" both.  Again, I don't do
IPX but possibly the Linux capability might aid you in setting this up
incrementally.

No, idea about the hub though.  It should be willing to accept the Linux
box as a valid "novell" machine however.

The IP address "offered" by Linux during installation is one of the
addresses that is designated for "local net" only use.  Internet machines
are supposed to recognize that these addresses should not be promulgated
(this is actually not so much of a problem anymore since most dialup
access is now via dynamic IP assignment).

best,
-bill
      bleach@BellSouth.net  b.leach@Worldnet.att.net
           b.leach@usa.net  LinuxPC@Hotmail.com
    -->Please note wrl@bellsouth.net does not work<--
     -->nor does <anyone>@<anyhost>.wconsult.com<--
==>and yes eventually I'll get the mailer figured out<==
from a 1996 Micro$loth ad campaign:
"The less you know about computers the more you want Micro$oft!"
         See!  They do get some things right!