Re: dunc pppd configuration script

On 3 Dec 1997 john@dhh.gt.org wrote:

> Can anyone give me some feedback on dunc?  I'm revising it and would like
> to hear opinions on what should be changed.  Already planned are pap/chap
> support and use of the standard option and chat files.

What version of dunc are you "looking" at?  The last version
I wrote had support for pap/chap, and it also uses the
standard option file in /etc/ppp, and has the ability to
create a .ppprc link to any single "connection".  The
connections get defined in option files, and if using chat,
chat files.  That's pretty standard.  I purposely didn't
require people to have root privilage and write to /etc/ppp
so that more than one user at a time could have their own
dunc setup without encumbering any other user.  If you're
thinking of making significant amounts of changes, you might
be better off rewriting it from scratch.

Cheers,

--

"Until we extend the circle of our compassion to all living
things, we will not ourselves find peace" -Albert Schweitzer

Richard G. Roberto