Re: majordomo problem

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Steve Mayer wrote:

>   Have you checked out the sample configurations in the /usr/doc/majordomo
> G John Lapeyre wrote:
>
> >         I can't seem to get majordomo to work. I don't understand much
> > about setting uid 's .  The following transcript is an example of what
> > happens when I try to use it.  I tried looking at man pages on sendmail,
> > exim, and several docs on majordomo.  I searched debian bug reports and
> > web and usenet archives.  Anyone have an idea ?
> >         If you find the anwer, you can win a free copy of my fvwmconf
> > program.
> >
> > homey 4 > echo 'lists' | mail majordomo@homey
> > homey 5 > 1997-12-03 14:21:43 0xdMEn-0000Dj-00 Neither the system_aliases
> > director nor the a
> > ddress_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery of
> > |/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo

	Yes I saw those lines. Also somewhere else (the faq? ) were other
examples.  In addition, when dpkg installs majordomo, it writes the
appropriate lines in /etc/aliases . If they are wrong , then I should file
a bug report. But this version has been out for some  time and there are
bugs filed, but not this one.  This makes me think that I've perhaps
broken my system in some way.

G John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>