Re: Packaging Gimp .99.15

	Yes, there are problems, espescially with new uploads
 [sometimes], but that's wy it is unstable. What is not true is that
 there are fewer packages available.  Look at this (I am not making it
__> dpkg -l | egrep ^ii | wc -l
__> sudo dpkg --pending --configure
__> dpkg -l | egrep -v ^ii
||/ Name            Version        Description
rc  jadetex         0.53-3         JADE DSSSL TeX backend macros
rc  omniorb         2.2.0-1        An object request broker (ORB) implementatio
hi  sudo            1.5.2-4        Provides limited super user privileges to sp
rc  timezone        7.55-2         Data files needed to set your local time

	I don't know if bo even had 999 packages. From your report, I
 see that there is *one* package that is available in bo but not in
 hamm, namely, boot-floppies. (You missed omniorb as a NEW package
 with difficulties; and the new sudo fails to parse it's config
 file). Yes, from time to time there is a backlog in Incoming, but you
 can either download from Incoming directly, or wait unitl the new
 packages stuck in Incoming are manually injected into the system.

	In any case, I do not see fewer packages in Hamm.

(timezone is obslete, replaced by timezones [note the s])
boot-floppies:    Unconverted

sudo              Bug in package, fails to parse config file (hold to
                  bo version)

jadetex:          NEW package. depends on hyperref, stuck in Incoming
kde*:             NEW packages; partly 1:Beta1.2-2, others 1:Beta1.2-1
omniorb           NEW package, dependency problems
 "Anyone trying to split hairs will always find someone who has a
 sharper knife." Jim Hurley (jimh@ultra.com) 21 Sep 90

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .