Re: [Off Topic] Dumb Perl Question...

> perldoc perlsec is your friend! :)
> Bottom line is that globs are *always* tainted, as is anything that
> relies on shell processing (csh being how globbing is done).

Yep, I realise this, but what I didn't have is an alternative.  There's
lots of info on de-tainting user input, but basically zero and globbing
except to say that it's all tainted <sigh>.

> Try using File::Find, that should let you get data in an untainted manner.

This is however what I needed to know about, and has solved my problem...

 4050 Lake Otis		    Adam  Shand        (v) +1 907 562 4638
 Anchorage, Alaska     Systems Administrator   (f) +1 907 562 1677
----------------- http://larry.earthlight.co.nz -------------------

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .