RE: Cron <root@mattyt> run-parts /etc/cron.daily (fwd)

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Matt Thompson wrote:

> ...and my ISP would rather that my machine doesn't continue to send out
> messages to 'root@oz.net'.

Well, even if you fix this particular problem, your machine will still
generate messages to root from time to time, and they probably shouldn't
go to your ISP. If you're using smail and have it set up with the
"satellite" option, then that could be what's causing these messages to go
to root@oz.net.  In that case,re-run smailconfig --force and set your
machine up with the "internet host"  option.

DANIEL MARTIN
who is about to launch a crusade against the satellite setup option on
smail...