Re: HP printer and printcap (cont.)

G. Kapetanios writes:
>Thanks very much for your help. I am using  magicfilter and from what I
>heard in the list, people think it might be slightly better, it has worked
>for my bubblejet anyway. In the last few minutes I managed to print dvi
>files by using the dvihp command. However the most important thing for me
>is to print ps files. Does anyone know of a utility that turns ps files to
>pcl ?? It seems likely that the ljet4l-filter that comes with magicfilter
>is not dealing very well with any file type apart from test files for
>which it removes the staircase effect and now pcl files.

You need ghostscript.  Get the Alladin version out of non-free as it
has the most up to date drivers.  It will convert ps files to about
any printer language out there.  There is even a driver for the hp
550(cdj550).  When you installed the magicfilter package it should
have asked you if you wanted to install the gs package as well.

Good luck,
Mechanical Engineering				    servis@purdue.edu
Purdue University		    http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .