Re: allow mount to normal user
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: allow mount to normal user
- From: Adam Klein <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 10:14:03 -0800
- Message-id: <19971201101403.56342@parsley>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.GSO.3.96.971201004602.25887Bfirstname.lastname@example.org>; from Anand Kumria on Mon, Dec 01, 1997 at 12:46:47AM +1100
- References: <Pine.GSO.3.96.971201004602.25887Bemail@example.com>
On Mon, Dec 01, 1997 at 12:46:47AM +1100, Anand Kumria wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Benoit Joly wrote:
> > i want to allow normal user to use mount for floppy and cdrom.
> > because i dont want to run apps in root account...
> > what should i do.
> One of the options you can specify to mount is the 'user' option which
> allows ordinary users to mount a filesystem. Check 'man 8 mount' for
> further details.
The problem with that is that you can only specify one filesystem type.
I've got this problem two. Is there a solution?
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .