Re: PPP problems

On Mon, Dec 01, 1997 at 02:53:55PM +0000, Ian & Gill Watkins wrote:
> I am attempting to get PPPD to work from my Debian Linux machine with a
> marked lack of success....
>
> Nov 25 16:12:25 server pppd[140]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <mru 552>
> Nov 25 16:12:43 server last message repeated 6 times

Your pppd keeps sending Config Requests until it times out.  Normally
LCP ConfReq is followed by "received LCP ConfAck" -- received from
remote pppd.  So, in your case remote pppd is not running.

In minicom wait unitl you receive a line of garbage with many curly
brackets.  That's remote pppd sending you ConfReq's.  Then exit and
fire up pppd.

HTH

--
Dimitri