Packaging Gimp .99.15

Anyone notice that the Gimp available for Debian 1.3.1 is the old .54
version?  I have downloaded and successfully compile .99.15 on a libc5
system, however if you want to get this version (actually .99.14 last I
looked) from Debian you HAVE to install from the "hamm" area, and that
requires upgrading to libc6 (which is a pain at best).

I was wondering if they were planning on making a .99.15 available for
the libc5 users out there?