Re: fetchmail problem

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Pann McCuaig wrote:

> Sometimes when I connect to my ISP and run fetchmail, everything appears to
> be normal, but the downloaded messages are _NOT_ appended to my mail spool,
> and, fortunately, they are also not deleted from the mail spool on the ISP.
>
> I see no error messages, no log file is created, and I haven't a clue.

1. run fetchmail as fetchmail -v . This will give you show you what
fetchmail is actually doing.

2. fetchmail uses your local MTA (smail, sendmail, whatever), so check
its logfiles.

If you use smail they are in /var/log/smail
Also check /var/spool/smail/error  /var/spool/smail/input and
/var/spool/smail/msglog for any clues.

Ciao,
	Martin